Teenagers are the main victims of cyberbullies, and it is important that you know how to deal and respond to these situations.
I’m being bullied, what can I do?
- Take screenshots and save the abuse.
- Do not respond.
- Tell your parents, teacher or guardian, don’t deal with it alone!
- If the bullying continues contact us and local police.
My friend is being bullied, what can I do?
- Talk to them, make sure you know you are there for them and you care.
- Try to get them to talk to a parent or guardian or call one of our helplines if it’s really affecting them.
- Do not hesitate to contact us if it does not stop!
Help lines you have at your service:
If you live in the UK and are under 19 do not hesitate to call Childline for free at 0800 1111
If you live in Ireland you can use Childline’s one-on-one chat here, you can also text ‘Bully’ to 50101 or free-call 1800 66 66 66
If you live in the USA you can contact Childline ringing 1-800-4-A-CHILD (1-800-422-4453)
If you live in Spain and are under the age of 18 you can get help by free-calling 900202010
If you live anywhere else in Europe you can get help calling 116 111
If you live in Argentina you can get help by free-calling 102
If you live in Brazil you can get help here
If you live in Uruguay you can free-call 0800 5050
Anywhere you are, you can use this helpchat